Happy Sweet 16th to Us!
Posted on September 26th, 2021
The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) in Emerald was officially opened on 26 September 2005 by the then Emerald Mayor Peter Maguire and Member for Maranoa Bruce Scott.
Today, the centre is run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers and managed by the Central Highlands Development Corporation.
Did you know?
- We’re open seven days a week.
- We welcomed a record 12,542 visitors through the doors in 2020/21.
- We’re one of QLD’s accredited VICs, which means we meet high standards of service.
- The building is made of 300 bales of barley straw covered in lime and earthen renders.
The VIC offers a range of great services, including:
- Free WiFi
- Brochures and guides for the Central Queensland Highlands and beyond.
- Locally made souvenirs and produce.
- Ice cream and coffee.
- National Park bookings.